Wednesday 18 March 2009

Trip to UK


Wow T.so took me with him on my first trip into the world. We flew from Munich to London Heathrow. Customs was no problem for me: “hey ya never saw a walnut carrying a big bag before, have you?” Okay have to admit that T.so carried my stuff for me. Hey you can see me in the picture just in front of terminal two at London Heathrow. We rent a car and up we go: “Upps T.so watch out, you are nuts, driving on the wrong side of the road..”Okay he convinced me, that the left side of the road is the right side in this part of the world. Well never been in the UK before, so I’d better believe him. Funny things happened here, you drive on a big road with 65 miles per hour two lanes per direction and signs warn you that pedestrians, horses and farmers will cross the road. Hm I don’t know a single nut who will be that nuts to try to cross a road like this. Swutch there you go and crack it’s over. And this people call me nuts? ROFL

After a business stop in Letchworth we have lunch on the motorway. I lifted myself on orange juice and enjoyed the sun. Radio played an eagles song, that took me back in time and place. GGGee loved the music of the eagles, so I summed the song along and took a bath in old but warm memories.





The evening we arrived in York, nice old town. We stayed in a best Western hotel, which has seen better times, like T.so and I did too. So I guess that is a good fit. But the hotel still has a lot of charm, old furniture and Chinese vase. I took my time to explore the scene and the typically English architecture, like these cottage homes. We ended for a few beers down town in a pub called the mansion arms. See the waiter how let me have a look around, his name is Liam, seems a funny guy with a lot of humor. He things a talking nut is nothing to worry about. I totally agree. Or do you thing I’m nuts?





No comments:

Post a Comment